Saturday, February 03, 2007

Askar's Baby Pictures - 13 Months






Here are the first pictures we received of Askar when we were looking at children to adopt. At the time we saw his pictures, we were looking for an older child (and a girl!) but his smile and personality stuck out so much to us that we wanted to try to get him. Since we were originally planning on going to China, we had to change all our paperwork over to Kazakhstan. The process was longer and the cost was a lot more. I have heard that when you adopt, you feel a strong connection with the child that is meant to be yours and I believe this is true. I know many people lose referrals and get their heart broken but I do believe that they will get the child that is truely meant for them. Now that we have him, I know we were all meant for each other. His smile and his personality which you see in these pictures then are still some of his strongest and best character traits now.

As I'm writing this now, I am thinking back to when I went to a tarot card reader a couple of years ago at the time I thought we were going to China to get a little girl. She told me, you are getting a baby boy and I also see the name of a Michael coming into your life. I remember laughing at her, not taking her seriously and I said, no I am getting a girl from China and thought, Haley's name was going to be Michael if she was a boy??? She said I don't know what to tell you but you may go over there then things are going to change but your going to get a boy....guess she knew something I didn't........Michael Askar :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home